It's been almost three months since this entertaining ad for a completely overpriced basement efficiency made its Curbed NOLA debut, and what do you know, it's still available on Craigslist in all of its "ULTRA LUXURY" glory. Daily re-postings of the manic listing (in all caps, naturally) and a $45 pricechop that tapped the rent down to $1,550 still aren't doing the trick to get someone to set up shop in the Carrollton-area 700-square-foot space with no real kitchen and an out-in-the-open toilet.
In another paltry pricechop, the two-bedroom, 1,160-square foot rental upstairs is now trying for $1,998 per month, a whole $87 less than its original $2,085 price tag. Since there are "2 WAYS 2 PAY," if one wants utilities, cable, four premium movie channels, and the intriguing "HIGH SPEED ULTRA HIGH SPEED INTERNET" included then it's going to be $2,275 per month, a $175 pricechop, pals.
Are crazy listings interfering with your apartment search or house hunt? Don't hesitate to hit up the tipline with details.
· Live in an odd basement apartment for $1,595 a month [Curbed NOLA]
· Hilariously overpriced basement apartment back in the spotlight [Curbed NOLA]
· Nothing is ordinary in this Carrollton-area rental ad [Curbed NOLA]
· AMAZING BASEMENT EFFICENCY,BEST OF EVERYTHING,FULL FRNSHD,ALL INCLUSIV [Craigslist]
· BEAUTIFUL,UNIQUE,VERY HIGH END 2 BDRM APT$1M HOME, VERY,VERY SAFE AREA [Craigslist]