All this talk about New Orleans' skyrocketing home prices sure didn't stop people from spending the big bucks on homes here. City Business has the top 10 highest priced home sales of 2015, and coming out on top is an Audubon Park mansion that sold for $3.6 million.
The dreamy mansion on 295 Walnut St. has window-filled rooms—including a British-style conservatory—and a lush backyard with a pool.
Also on the list: this Italianate mansion in the Garden District ($2.695 million) and a "French 18th century style" St. Charles Avenue mansion that was built in the 1970s ($2.4 million). And it's not just mansions people spent their millions on: two homes on the list are units in the swanky Port of New Orleans Place; both sold for $2.55 million.
· Commission Accomplished: Top 10 highest priced homes sold in 2015 [City Business]
· 10 Gorgeous New Orleans Mansions You Should Buy Right Now [Curbed NOLA]
· New Orleans Home Prices: About to Get Even More Expensive [Curbed NOLA]
· $3M Italianiate Mansion Seeks Owner, Sale Pending Already [Curbed NOLA]
· 1970s French Provincial Manse On The Avenue Asks $3.95M [Curbed NOLA]
· View from the Top: 6 Luxurious Penthouses on the Market [Curbed NOLA]