In May the city issued an RFP to redevelop the two parking lots adjacent to the Piazza d'Italia in the Warehouse District. Today, NOLA.com reports, we have the top three proposals submitted, as picked by a selection committee that met today.
The proposals are:
· A team consisting of developers ICD Sitra (Guadalajara, Mexico), OSH (also based in Mexico) and Crowninvest LLC (New York) proposed a "$92 million project with a 355-room, 29-floor branded lifestyle hotel next to a smaller, 155-room 'select service' hotel'" and "a 20,600-square-foot convention center, luxury retail and parking."
· A team consisting of Carter & Associates, Majestic Realty Co. and Oakwood Development, all from Atlanta, proposed "282 apartments with more than 6,300 square feet of street-level retail space as well as a potential boutique hotel."
· Chrysolite Management Group (Kingsport, Tenn.) wants to build a "250-room Hard Rock Hotel complete with a 50,000-square-foot Hard Rock Live concert venue."
Writer Jennifer Larino reports that the finalists will formally pitch their ideas to the committee Nov. 18, and a final decision on a developer is expected by Feb. 23, 2016.
· 3 proposals picked as finalists in Piazza d'Italia redevelopment [NOLA.com]
· City Issues RFP for Piazza d'Italia Adjacent Parking Lots [Curbed NOLA]