This past Friday, Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt sold their New Orleans homes for $4.9 million nearly 1.5 years after it was originally listed. So, how did how get to this point?
The three-story French Quarter mansion, sizing up to five bedrooms, three bathrooms and two-half bathrooms, encompassing 7,645 square feet.
Jolie and Pitt originally bought the home in 2007 for $3.5 million. During this time, Pitt established the Make it Right Foundation, which is a non profit that builds houses in the Ninth Ward.
The house was originally listed in May of 2015 for $6.5 million. In November of 2015, the home took a $850,000 plunge, listing for $5.6 million. The property was temporarily removed from listings in September 2016 when a waterline replacement project was being served on Decatur Street.
By the time the house was sold on Oct. 28, it sold $1.6 million less than its original listing price at $4.9 million. According to Realtor, similar properties in the area sell between $169,000 - $3,395,000.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Sell Their New Orleans Home for $4.9 Million [Us Magazine]
- The End of an Era? Brangelina List French Quarter Home [Curbed NOLA]
- Brangelina's French Quarter Mansion Gets $850K Price Chop [Curbed NOLA]
- Brad and Angelina’s New Orleans house: Why it’s off the market [Curbed NOLA]
- 521 Governor Nicholls St [Realtor]