Canal Street Beat caught wind of some more changes coming from the National World War II Museum, which recently broke ground on the striking Canopy of Peace.
According to permits filed with the city, the museum is adding a new building on Magazine Street, restoring a circa-1845 two-story at 1037 Magazine St., and is enclosing the outdoor part of the American Sector restaurant. From the renderings, it also looks like part of the Hall of Democracy pavilion in the works will extend to Magazine Street.
The rendering shows a very crowded Magazine Street. Voorsanger Architects is on the job.