This weekend eight McDonalds will be participating in a citywide “Coffee with Cops” event, which will take place between 9 a.m and 11 a.m at participating locations. At this event, residents will have the opportunity to meet, thank and converse with their neighborhood patrol officers.
The following McDonald’s Restaurant will be participating in this Saturday’s Coffee with Cops:
- 2757 Canal Street (First District)
- 3443 S Carrollton Avenue (Second District)
- 3025 Elysian Fields Avenue (Third District)
- 3250 General De Gaulle Drive (Fourth District)
- 1918 North Broad Street (Fifth District)
- 3321 St. Charles Avenue (Sixth District)
- 6005 Bullard Avenue (Seventh District)
- 711 Canal Street (Eighth District)
According to the New Orleans Police Department, this is the fifth time the McDonald’s across New Orleans held Coffee with Cops, with the first being held in June of 2016. Since then, hundreds of community members have been in attendance.
During this month’s Coffee with Cops, one NOPD officers will be awarded NOPD Officer of the Month award, which includes a $750 scholarship to apply towards police and leadership training across the country. The monthly award will be presented by Chris Bardell, a McDonald local owner and operator, and Chief Michael Harrison at the McDonald’s located at 711 Canal Street.