More than 1,500 museums nationwide will waive admission fees on Saturday, September 22 as part of Smithsonian magazine’s annual Museum Day event. Twenty-nine of those museums are in Louisiana, and 11 of them, listed below, are in New Orleans.
- Audubon Insectarium
- Hermann-Grima + Gallier Historic Houses
- The Historic New Orleans Collection
- Longue Vue House and Gardens
- The Presbytere
- The Cabildo
- National World War II Museum
- New Orleans Museum of Art
- Ogden Museum of Southern Art
- The New Orleans Jazz Museum
- The Southern Food and Beverage Museum
This year’s theme is “Women Making History.” Participants must visit the Smithsonian website and download a pass to receive free entry. Passes are limited to one per person, and each pass admits two.