Earlier this week, Curbed NOLA pointed out five homes under $250,000 in New Orleans. In that list, the homes were limited to Treme, St. Roch, Holy Cross, and Broadmoor. But what about other neighborhoods in the city?
This week, Curbed NOLA and NeighborhoodX partnered to find the least expensive homes for sale in the Garden District. In prior research, the Garden District ranked as the third most expensive neighborhood, trailing behind the French Quarter and Central Business District. The average Garden District home is $332 per square foot.
In April, NeighborhoodX released similar data on the 10 least expensive homes in the French Quarter, with prices ranging from $260,000 to $329,000. The Garden District, however, proved to be more expensive.
In the 10 least expensive homes in the Garden District, prices range from $245,000 to nearly $2 million, with only two homes being under $500,000.
The list of 10 homes does not account for foreclosures and short sales, properties with rent-controlled tenants in place, and listings with incomplete or contradictory information, according to NeighborhoodX co-founder Constantine Valhouli.
- Homes in New Orleans under 250K [Curbed NOLA]
- Garden District: Most affordable properties (May 2017) [NeighborhoodX]
- Analyzing price per square foot in 15 New Orleans neighborhoods [Cubed NOLA]
- Average Garden District home prices evaluated by price per square foot [Curbed NOLA]
- The French Quarter’s least expensive homes for sale [Curbed NOLA]